InTouch 11 stops sharing alarm info. Remote nodes can’t see alarmmgr.

Tanquen

Node 1 and 2 can share alarms to the other 10 or so view nodes. It has been working fine for months after an upgrade to Windows 7 and InTouch 11. Node1 stopped sharing alarms but View was still running so the remote nodes did not failover to Node2.

All nodes can ping each other by node name and IP address. Using slsping from the remote nodes View and alarmmgr reply from Node2 but only View from Node2 was successful.

I was able to add a new alarm query favorite using the IP address of Node1 and not the node name to the alarm summary on Node12 and that worked. So I could toggle back and forth and the query using the IP address worked while the default by name did not. So I tried rebooting node 12 and it all then worked again. I restarted Node1 again and Node12 still sees it as it should.

I don’t know what set it off but when the issue started I could not get a reply using slsping by IP or by name. Then after restarting Node1, slsping by name worked but the summary only worked by IP address.

Reminds me of a random device on the network trying to use the same IP address but they say they checked.

It seemed to be fine but it did it again this morning.

Ah the joys of InTouch remote alarm providers....pulled my hair out on this about a year ago, with no good resolution.

The issue is with how newer versions of windows handle the console and services. What OS are your alarming nodes using? Windows 7 as well? My experience is when we converted and InTouch application to run as a System Platform Intouch 'view' node (horrible experience BTW, better off to completely re-write).... on a terminal server architecture. For no apparent reasons the view nodes drop out just as you describe. WW told me this setup was 'ho-key' and ultimately recommend the end user convert all the 'view' applications to full blown InTouch application licenses so they could detect their own alarms and not depend on the remote provider ($$$$$$). Mind you, this was AFTER WW told the end user to purchase the 'view' node license to save money.....

Best I can tell you is to monitor the SMC to see the alarm connection connect and disconnect. It should show the path of the IP address and such. You might have to add something in the path to ensure it connects to the console session of windows. There are tech notes about it but I can't remember the number, 425, 710?? Anyway it's known issue, give them a call and see how it works out for you.

Yes, all the nodes are desktop PCs running Windows 7 with InTouch 11. They are not using System Platform so to speak. We installed InTouch 11 off the 2014 System Platform CD but are not using ArchestA or the IDE, just basic InTouch.