io link tutorials

James Mcquade

Hi all,

i am starting to learn io link for the control logix plc using ethernet ip.
we typically use balluff modules at the plant.
do you have any suggestions on tutorials, i went to youtube and found a few, but i need a little help with the specific port config.
thanks in advance
james

Hi all,

i am starting to learn io link for the control logix plc using ethernet ip.
we typically use balluff modules at the plant.
do you have any suggestions on tutorials, i went to youtube and found a few, but i need a little help with the specific port config.
thanks in advance
james

James hi and merry Christmas!!
We used a lot of I/O link and Balluff blocks on a frame building machine about 3 years back. I remember a lot of status and mapping for statuses and communications. There were 5 each standard and safety processors on that tool so that may have been part of the reason there was so much mapping. I could send you the I/O link routine (I think I have it anyway) and you could look at how the ports were assigned. Studio V.30. Hope this helps.