Is Studio 5000 only owned on a yearly basis?

The standard package they are trying to sell is the annual subscription.

You can get with your distributor and purchase a permanent license - but when I bought my S5k Full Edition that was $5,200 a few years ago

Like most software companies these days, Rockwell is pushing the subscription model. Why sell someone an app for a one-time cost and never hear from them again, when instead you can compel them to pay you every year? 🤯

You want what's referred to as a "perpetual" license. I expect that Rockwell will discontinue this option at some point if they haven't already. This link has a good explanation of the Studio 5000 options plus part numbers for the perpetual vs. subscription versions:

I recently request a quote from our local distributor for Studio 5000 Professional - Legacy Perpetual and the price was $13,425 :eek: