Is this new to any one!

I did not believe that I would get this much help and I really appreciate it. Let me see if I can answer some of the outstanding questions to help you all help me!The controller is an AB SoftLogix5860 running on a WindowsXP box with 1794 Flex I/O on a private network.
  • The reasons I can’t use VB:
    • Speed, since there are a number of iterations of the same incarnation, potentially each with a different “command file” and probably each in a different process step of the command file.
    • And process timing is critical; desirable to +/- 200mS.
  • The reason I want to stay with ASCII is that the original command files are ASCII text files and the less I “mess” with them the less I need to prove overall system fidelity.
  • One function the PLC has to perform is to verify that the current file is valid, all recognized commands, before attempting to execute it!
  • And for Alaric, after considerable searching, I did find the ST string compare functions! I think I need a manual!
  • This program was easy with the WinPLC and the Entivity Live! Flowchart programming for one iteration!

Since there are a number of iterations of the same program I am planning to use a lot of arrays.

Thanks so far and please keep the inputs comming!
oldNovice

Hey did you guys and gals forget about me? I am not out of the woods yet!

As I said before, I want to use arrays since I need to repeat the same program, just with offsets.

It was easy in the WinPLC but I cannot figure out how to do it with SoftLogix 5000 ............ any help available?

For example, I four groups have 24 outputs that I want to set into four arrays!

Thanks,
oldNovice

Back
Top Bottom