IsNAN

padees

I know what this instruction is for, but I wanted to drop something in the forefront with just the value in ladder without having to open up tags, and you can adjust online, on the fly.

It works very well, but was wondering if there were any other instructions that could do similar? I have not found any. See pic.

IsNAN.jpg

This is just for one product (partial) setup. There are multiple CPT functions further down the road that determine values for Motion Instructions.

The goal was to drop something in close-by for maintenance and non-programmers. It could be easier.

The instruction, IsNAN, is used to determine if a value is a number or not. Since all the values I am using are REAL, it wont poke me if it's a string or non number value.

Platform is S5K-V35-CPL-Motion.

I find it works quite well to pop in specific locations in the program. It makes hunting for stuff a lot easier.

I also don't do traditionally mapping anymore. (takes a bit to do that)

I just poke the array definitions into any routine that requires it. Really easy, helps TS. See pic.

A MOV instruction with the same variable for both the source and destination should do the same thing.
I understand...

I wouldn't be going thru all of this if I were dealing with Engineers or Controls people, but the highest level of competency is an electrician on some meds. Well, where am I at today. LOL

yea, I've done that too.

It's easier to do. You still have to put in descriptions, but if you use arrays for all of your tag values, it saves a boat load of memory rather than using individual created tags. Easy to pop in respective routines for reference.

Back
Top Bottom