IsNAN

I agree it would be nice to be able to show data values in the rung comments, sort of like a mini HMI in the middle of the ladder logic. The software lets you save watch lists, imagine being able to embed a watch list in a rung comment.

This is part of why I am doing this. See what's happening without flipping thru a bunch of stuff.

I did a robot cell last year in similar fashion, and that's their new standard. It makes it easy for maintenance and robot programmers.

I'm just waiting on Dr.BitBoy to chime...
Who am I, the Oracle at Delphi?

Anyway, I think it's a neat hack. MOV would work, as would any compare instruction, or a CLR with an XIO/XIC pair on some bit at the front of the rung.

But IsNAN minimizes the vertical and horizontal screen real estate used up.

Who am I, the Oracle at Delphi?

Anyway, I think it's a neat hack. MOV would work, as would any compare instruction, or a CLR with an XIO/XIC pair on some bit at the front of the rung.

But IsNAN minimizes the vertical and horizontal screen real estate used up.

I forgot to put in LOL. LOL!

Anyway, I just wanted to find the most benevolent, single item instruction I could find, that doesn't really do anything, but hold the tag for display in logic. That way, no need for 2 part items where you have to create new tags.

A MOV instruction with the same variable for both the source and destination should do the same thing.

I've done that before, and it does as you say.

I think the IsNAN removes a level of confusion someone might have, because there are hundreds of MOV instructions in this program already.

Thank you for your replies. It is kinda a neat tool to use. I'll bet Rockwell reads this and, [slap on forehead] why didn't we think of something like this? Ha!

I agree it would be nice to be able to show data values in the rung comments, sort of like a mini HMI in the middle of the ladder logic. The software lets you save watch lists, imagine being able to embed a "watch list" in a rung comment.

That would be nice!

Back
Top Bottom