Issue with MRJ4 drives

rejoe.koshy

Hi Folks,
I am in the process of retrofitting MRJ2 (Mitsubishi) series with MRJ4 servo drives for two axes. I did use the conversion kit provided by Mitsubishi but as soon as I power I am getting an error " 20.1" on both drives which as per the operating manual is encoder error. I tried everything from checking the encoder wiring, changing the parameter "PC04" (switching from two wire to 4 wire encoder etc) but just cant seem to get over it.

Eventually , I checked "PG" and "N" points at the encoder terminals where it should have 5V to power up the encoder and could find it. I guess that's the issue where is not generating 5V for the encoder and that the drive is faulty . But the thing that confuses me is that how can the same thing happen for two brand new drives .

I am stuck....Please help!...is there any parameter I need to set which might activate the 5V at these terminals ??

There is document "Transition from MELSERVO-J2-Super/J2M Series to J4 Series Handbook" (L(NA)03093-D) from Mitsubishi and everything is very well documented and explained. It has 654 pages. There is good flowchart of procedures for replacement. Try it.