JagExtreme Issue

bsprowls

I have an inline bag weigher, a Mettler-Toledo 8477 weighing 50# bags. It is connected to a JagExtreme on the wall. The problem is when it encounters a bag less than 50#, it stops and does everything it should. The operator presses the Reset buton, and it fails the next bag no matter what, and then it runs like it should. Any ideas on how the JagExtreme should be reset?

bsprowls said:
I have an inline bag weigher, a Mettler-Toledo 8477 weighing 50# bags. It is connected to a JagExtreme on the wall. The problem is when it encounters a bag less than 50#, it stops and does everything it should. The operator presses the Reset buton, and it fails the next bag no matter what, and then it runs like it should. Any ideas on how the JagExtreme should be reset?

This sounds more like an application issue rather than a problem with the Jaguar. How is the checkweigher configured? Relay logic or connection to a PLC ?

Ian

I WISH I WERE MORE CLEAR ON THIS, IT IS CONNECTED TO A COMPACTLOGIX, BUT WHEN YOU PUSH THE discrete Reset button, you can see an input light, but no output lights come on. Rather than tare the wiring apart, I was seeking to find out how it should be reset and check that as well as the logic in the PLC.

bsprowls said:
I WISH I WERE MORE CLEAR ON THIS, IT IS CONNECTED TO A COMPACTLOGIX, BUT WHEN YOU PUSH THE discrete Reset button, you can see an input light, but no output lights come on. Rather than tare the wiring apart, I was seeking to find out how it should be reset and check that as well as the logic in the PLC.

Do you have access to the program, and if so post it ? Seems like a logic problem

Ian

Try a one shot...in rung 0 ladder LED's

Kind a strange way of making a program...nothing personal, just a little different, but try the one shot