Jan Steen Nielsen FB121 won't work...

nightline;499357

Gents,

I've a machine with a S7 313C PLC, and have to control a temperature. At this moment it's done by some timers, with a lot of temperature alarms.
So I found a sample program from Jan Steen Nielsen from Danmark, who programmed a FB121 Pid controller.
I've copy passed the FB121 with the DB121 instance block in the controller.
I've put the FB121 in FC70, and created the Data in DB70.
If I monitor DB121, I see a lot of parameters changing, except the output variable.

Has anyone any idea, what I do wrong?
Or is more information needed?

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Reply:
I'm Jan Steen Nielsen and know what you doing "wrong".
In fact, it is Siemens that doing something wrong - not you!.
Instead of giving you a longer explanation, then please send me a mail and I will give you (and others that might read this) the latest version of my work, where all that kind of
problems are removed by a smart trick in the programming.

Regards
Jan Steen Nielsen
Denmark
[email protected]

FB121 PID-Controller.

Reply to Jack:
I'm Jan Steen Nielsen and know what you doing "wrong".
In fact, it is Siemens that doing something wrong - not you!.
Instead of giving you a longer explanation, then please send me a mail and I will give you (and others that might read this) the latest version of my work, where all that kind of
problems are removed by a smart trick in the programming.

Regards
Jan Steen Nielsen
Denmark
[email protected]

Sorry to here about the phantom of 'Jack' - do you want your money back (USD = 0) or do you want the new Siemens-errorfree version of FB121? -(among many others usefull functions). Think again my friend.

@PLC
Your joke wasn't very funny. Jan Steen is only trying to help.
---

The OP had an issue with format errors on his real values. Then no algorithm will run properly.

@Jan Steen
I am curious why you would put effort in making your own controller FB. Did you face problems with the Siemens standard blocks?

Regards
Kalle

Last edited:
Yes, it was funny
For Jan to blame it on Siemens is pretty arrogant
fb41 has been around for what 20+ years
Why re invent the wheel