JSR/SBR on LogixPro

kohhm75

Hello Gurus,

I am working on the elevator exercise of LogixPro and my output on the subroutine is being energized without its flag being called..

I believe the coil (B3:0/5) which is a flag to call subroutine 6 should go high so that will happen.
Is this a bug of the program or am I doing something wrong?
When I put the same logic on my RSLogix 500 emulator, that does not happen..

Stuck in that error and please help.

Herman

It's difficult to read that file type, but I did see this:

Code:
FILE,SBR 6:
SOR,0 SBR,U:6 OTE,O:4/2 EOR,0

If I'm reading that right, the first rung of Subroutine 6, calls itself again. None of the other subroutines have another SBR command inside of them. If you can upload the project file or maybe a PDF of the ladder logic, I might be able to help more.

Last edited:
It's difficult to read that file type, but I did see this:

Code:
FILE,SBR 6:
SOR,0 SBR,U:6 OTE,O:4/2 EOR,0
If I'm reading that right, the first rung of Subroutine 6, calls itself again. None of the other subroutines have another SBR command inside of them. If you can upload the project file or maybe a PDF of the ladder logic, I might be able to help more.

Is that calling itself, or does the SBR instruction declare that ladder unit a "subroutine?"

Either way, I agree it is suspicious that that is the only subroutine where that SBR instruction is present: the OP could remove it and see if the behavior changes.