Jsr

GolfNut66

We have a motor control JSR with Input and Output parameters, There are 36 motors that are controlled by the same JSR.
What or how can I view only what is happening in the JSR for one particular motor ???

Assuming this is Allen Bradley - Unless you program something in the called routine to save each iterations values in a different location you can't see them in realtime.... well that's not technically true, you will in fact see them ALL in real-time at scan speed in the registers used in the called routine.

The parameters passed in the JSR call are passed to the program and handled under the covers, then the next set is passed etc. That has to be accepted if you are going to use any kind of subroutine type of coding.

I'm not an expert on clx been some years since I used it but this from the manual seems to indicate you can monitor a particular instance

Instance monitor.png

Seems you can if I read this right, long time since I used clx though
sorry last post picked wrong screenshot

Instance monitor.png

I would bet this is/was. from a AB PLC5 application. I have ran across this type of thing before, where each motor has a command word, and a status word assigned to it. The command word is sent to the JSR, and the Status word is returned from the JSR. They did this to minimize the number of tags needed in a Scada system. Plus, passing words is more efficient than passing bits.

If you do have word inputs to the JSR, you can monitor the word values in binary format, to see what is going on.

I suppose it would help if the OP posted what PLC it is & perhaps some screenshots of the code, I assumed it was CLX using AOI's but did not think of PLC5.

Honestly this is going to be a world of pain.

What are the contents of this Routine? Is it really complicated?

You can try trending the Input/Outputs to the motor for troubleshooting. You can also try and copy the subroutine into a subroutine of a different name and while online switch the faulty motor IO to this new duplicate routine. This would allow you to troubleshoot like you do traditionally.