what happens to the state of bits outside of a JSR

When I no longer call a JSR (usually for a mode segment change or the running time ends of the light show) I run through the subroutine one last scan turning off all the outputs then set a Skip_Bit on the last rung if the routine isn't enabled.

Is the caller executing the JSR unconditionally?

Okie
Yep, that's what I'm thinking too.

DrBit
That's just what I'm thinking is occurring. I've been beaten by this last-change-wins scenario before. In this case it could be it was taken advantage of.
Not unconditionally, a counter determines which JSR is called. It increments one time when all pumps stop.

Also, since one case is (Compact- or Control-?) Logix, and one is PLC-5, are we sure that the code is functionally identical?

Similar Topics

Hello, the PLC in question is 1769-L30ER. I have a local 4-20mA Analog Output module (1769-OF4CI), and also a remote ethernet PointIO analog...
Replies
Views
Hey Everyone, I was wondering how the "Test Edits" mode works in studio 5000. I've never used it before. I read the outputs don't actually change...
Replies
Views
struggling to find documentation on this, I have it in my head that it overwrites itself but i dont know where i have got that from. when it...
Replies
Views
if the dc fuse of the uncharged drive is closed when the dc bus of other drives is charged , what happens ? Is there any risk of damaga capacitor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to understand what the result of a MOV will be. G_position_LSB= 144, Type- INT GL_O_Data[3]=0, Type- SINT...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom