Keeping track of Panelview Plus screens in RS Logix 5000

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I have a Panelview Plus application that I would like see in my CompactLogix which screens are presently displayed on the screen. The reason I ask is , I have a maintenance screen that has some manual operations , and I want to make sure that these operations are stopped when they leave this screen. Example , I would like to put a compare that if the present Panelview Plus screen is equal to , let's say screen # 7 , then allow manual operation of a,b , c . If not equal , stop those manual operations . I remember seeing this done , I just don't remember .

Thanks so much.

Thanks . I am in the process of creating a tag to see in my CompactLogix program the active screen number . I created a tag "Panelview Plus Screen" in CompactLogix, but I can't find it in the FactoryTalk View Tag Browser. I never had this happen to me . You can't have too many tags to display in the Tag Browser , can you ? I created the tag online like I always do , and drill down "online " to find the tag . I refresh all folders .

Are you sure you created your tag as a "controller tag" and not a "program tag"? Tags must be a global controller tag to work with an hmi.

I always have an option screen for auto cycle or manual cycle.
you cannot get to the manual controls without being in manual mode and likewise for the automatic controls.

you could also program the return screen button so that all manual controls MUST be in their home position before exiting the screen.

I'm not sure what your operation is, but all manual control functions should be at the home position before running an automatic cycle.

regards,
james

Yes. I created a controller tag. I even tried to locate the tag , by just creating a object , go into Tag Browser , and try to find it , and it is it there .

I don't bother with the tag browser usually for just that reason.
It is slow, and fails to update/refresh properly.
Just create an HMI tag, and type the path in manually.

I'm sorry. I just needed to reboot my laptop. Thanks
Most of the time, if you don't find a recently created tag on the FTV Tag Browser, just left click on the folder or the root and choose Refresh folder or Refresh all folders. When this method doesn't work, try going to Services (on Windows control panel) and stopping RSLinx Enterprise service.

Of course, "universal reset" (rebooting) always works.