KEPServerEnterprise 5.13

Densam

I have Rockwell software as described below. FactoryTalk View Studio SE Version 8. RSLinx_Enterprise connecting all my ControLogix devices. KepServer looking after Mitsubishi and Modbus devices. The system works well as it is. The issue is i can not get connectivity to a new modbus client. I can ping the device IP address from the serrver. I can view the web server of the client from any computer other than the server Computer containing kepserver(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80). In kepserver configured modbus port 502.

Still no connectivity to the modbus device. I have managed to log into the webserver to the device from the kepserver server. My question now is can i have different subnet devices connected to the same kepserver? Cause i. Have 5 devices on one VLAN and one on a different VLAN. Ping is icmp protocol, Https is 80 or 8000 or 8080 and modbus? Modbus is the protocol not communicating with the device. What can be the cause. My IT department say everything is good on theirs. Rockwell say kepserver enterprise is ok on their side. Help please?

I just realized KEPServerEnterprise and KEPServerEX are two different softwares.
sorry to mislead you.
I have never use KEPServerEnterprise, can't help your question.

You can have different devices if the machine w/ KepServer can route to those devices.
Try connecting to the modbus device using a test tool from the same machine running KepServer just to verify that.

Thanks MIke.
Dravik i have put all the devices on channels on the same subnet now, like Rockwell suggested. I have other devices communicating well with modbus tcp/ip in the same application. Rockwell thought there might be hidden protocols stopping comms. So tonight i have handed to my IT department to compare the switch port configurations with the working devices. My side its port 502 modbus tcp/ip. Dravik I will try to find where i can find the test tool. When i run quick client the error event which i see is “source modbus TCP/IP Ethernet Event Device “A” block request [100020 to 100030] responded with exception 1” not sure what this warning means.

Last edited:
So, that sounds like you asked for something the client device doesn't support.

Those block ranges look wrong to me as well.. What are you asking the client device for?

http://www.simplymodbus.ca/TCPclient.htm

This works well, I bought a copy a while ago but the demo will do just fine for testing.

Last edited: