Keyence Bar Code Reader

T Gibbs

I have a Keyence SR-710 Bar Code Reader and a Keyence N-UB Communication unit. It will read the bar code and turn on the success output every time. The first time I read a code, it transmits the data to the PC like it should. After that it will not transmit again. When I make changes to the settings, it will transmit the first time, then no more. Anybody have any experience with these?

Have you tried changing the header and terminators in the communications tab?

If you go in the Terminal view - do you see the scanner attempting to send the data on every read?

I'm pretty sure in terminal view it reads every scan. I've not changed anything on the header and terminators. I'm not sure what to do there. I thought a terminator was a character in the string that told the scanner that it is the end. Ours don't have anything like that. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I'm very green at bar code readers. This is actually my first time setting up one, and the instruction book is really hard to read because it talks about so many other models.