Keyspan USA-19HS/SLC 5/04 Settings

bright676

Heres the problem;

We had our lap top set up to use the Keyspan which was great. We never had any problems with it. The auto configuration all ways worked.Some thing has changed.

Any way, some told me they tried going on-line with it and could not do it. They tried all different settings in the driver configurations RSlogix. I even tried the PCMK card and the serial cable but nothing works.

The lap top sees the Keyspan in the device manager at com 4 and in the Keyspan utility it shows idle com 4. (Yes I have it set to com port 4 in the driver config in RSlogix) and the green light is steadily lit on the Keyspan. I reinstalled the Keyspan also.

The Keyspan was all ways a plug and go no hassle no fuss connection, Now its messed.

The only thing I can think of is that some how the channel con fig was changed some where in the controller properies. I read some where that RSlogix automatically uses the last config when starting up. That tells me some how it was changed but I dont know where orwhat it is.

I need to get this working and I'm hoping that some give me some more help with this. Are there any step by step instructions or videos to get this going again

Are you sure there are no background applications/services "hijacking" Comm Port 4?
Have you tried deleting the RSLinx Harmony files?
Delete the DF1 RSLinx driver, follow the instructions within https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48241 (I suggest the Manual method!) reboot the PC when done and then re-add the DF1 driver with the Auto-Configure method.
This should "repair" the RSLinx RS232-DF1 comms on the laptop side.
Hopefully no one changed the SLC communications settings though!
You have stated that you've tried a 1784-PCMK DH+ interface card also; the PCMK does not use Serial connectivity but the DataHighway Plus (DH+) one!
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1784-um519_-en-p.pdf
If you cannot connect to the CPU via RS232, DH+ over 1784-PCMK will be an option if, again, the CPU comms settings have not been altered.
See the PCMK Manual link for the required cables, PCMK RSLinx driver configuration and note that your PC's RSLinx Client Applications INTERCHANGE Port Mapping (xKT:0)will have to be directed to the PCMK (1784-PKT(X)/PCMK for DH485/DH+ devices)configured driver.

Have you previously connected to a DH+ network with the respective laptop and the 1784-PCMK?
Do you have other CPUs you could try connecting to and establish if it is a PC issue or a CPU comms configuration one?

The pcmk uses the proper dh+ cable

can you communicate with the processor through the DH+ connection? ... if you can, go online and check the settings for the Channel 0 port (RS232 - serial) ... change them to System if necessary ...