Kinetix 350 and a Ethernet Absolute Enocder

just_lionel

Maybe this isn't possible, or maybe I am just overlooking it.

I have a system that is setup with Kinetix 350 Servos. I have an AB 842E-M Ethernet encoder on a piece of machinery that I am following. I am use to having an encoder wire in into a servo axis module (IE 6000/6500 series). We can not do this on the 350.

I am using the example on RA website that shows how to create a Virtual Master using a HSC and encoder. I am just using the actual value back instead of the count. I am not sure if this is the best way. The issue I am having is that the Virtual Master doesn't always stop in the same position, so I can not set an accurate lock position.

Sorry if this is rambling, but I've been beating my head against this for days. All I want to do is for the 350 to follow a Ethernet Encoder. Open for all and any suggestions.

Hi

Sorry i can be no help as I have always done it with the k 2000 or k 3000

I have worked with the 350 and to be honest I don't rate them as even the tuning is a step back from the sercos drives

I have trouble getting the 350 to stop in the same place and I was not using a virtual axis

Donnchadh