Kinetix 350 and a MP Series Medium Inertia Motors

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I am not too familiar with servo motors. A little bit with robotics. I am looking at an application that has a movement of 0 to 37 mm. Somewhat with critical position. I am looking at the Kinetix 350 and a MP- Series Servo Motor with about 1250 RPM. My question is , I imagine that you need a reducer on that motor to slow it down , correct ? If so , who is a good source for a reducer ?

Thanks ,

AB has a program called Motion Analyzer. I believe it is free to down load. It will allow you to work out your specific application kinematics and offer you the solution you are looking for. Inertia is key here and the program will help you calculate it all out. It takes a little bit to learn the software, but will give you a solution that will work.