kinetix 350 servo drive axis not initializing

I stand corrected.

Lesmar, looks like you will need at least Logix 5000 (with compatible version) to be able to access the motion axis commands.

That seems so lousy. So we are pretty well dead in the water until someone with Logic 5000 can get there?

Maybe someone has an extra laptop with it on they’d rent? ��

We worked with our local Rockwell distributor. We plan to be onsite tomorrow to see what we can learn with the correct hardware.

Thanks for your advice so far. Please Let me know if you think of more things we should check!

Good Morning,
I logged into the plc via Logix 5000 and found that the servo had faulted on APR fault. I did some research on what causes this fault, but I was curious if any AB experts are familiar with this fault.

The customer was trying to replace the servo motor. They had been earlier told by a previous vendor to disconnect the old motor, then power up the servo with no motor connected, then power it down, then power it up again with the new servo connected. This is what they did to try to get this to work. But they ended up with the APR fault, which by all appearances is only resettable from the software.

I redownloaded the program to clear the fault. We had the old motor connected first, then powered it down and connected the new one, then powered it back up. It didn't fault and everything worked fine.

Was it the powering up with no servo connected that would trigger this fault?