Klockner Moeller PS316

briancr

Hi All

This is my first foray into trying to get one of these beasts going again.

System setup
PS316-118 rack
EBE 223.1 CPU
EBE 295.1 comms module
a lot of input and output modules - all digital
Two remote PS3 bricks

My problem
When powering up the system the cpu goes into a NOT READY mode. When going into the diagnostic buffer - Am I a lucky person to have a laptop with Win95 and a real serial port- It gives me an error DER. This means that the remote racks have lost power. I have checked but this is not true. On the EBE295.1 comms module there is a bus and error LED. Both these are off permanently. If I clear the error and try to start the cpu it goes to READY for a couple of seconds then faults back to NOT READY.

This system was working before shutdown, middle DEC last year and would not start Yesterday.

I know this unit is obsolete and I have tried to google more information, but all I can find is some pretty little pictures. Am I doing something wrong with trying to download the project?

I would like to get this unit running to give me time to sort out an upgrade.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Brian