L553 processor setup

geoplc

I am having problems establishing comms with a SLC processor (5/05 32K) to set it up for a new application (it was removed from a machine and replaced with a 64K mem processor). I pulled the battery backup plug to dump the old setup config and attempted to go online and setup the proc using my DF1 cable thru the CH0 port. RSLinx autoconfig cannot find the proc at all. the previous application utilized CHO as a USER for ASCII comms but from what I understand the channel configs should revert to defaults when the battery backup is removed (unplugged for 24hr period) The cable is a known good cable but still no detection by RSLinx using autoconfig. ANy ideas?

I was not aware if it had an EEPROM or not, will have to check. Also I shorted the BATT terms , although not for 60 seconds. I think you are probably right about the mem module, will check Mon at work. Thanks for the reply Mickey.

What was connected to the ethernet port? Do you know its IP address?
Do you have the offline file to look at and see what the IP address is?
You could then use the ethernet port.( crossover cable direct to SLC or straight thru cable with hub)

Or see PDF

Last edited:
Yes I have the original program and IP address, just that I needed to dump it to set up a test chassis on the bench (this was a different rack , I/O cards, etc) I wanted to test a new program using this random rack to test my CH0 ASCII string comms. I am removing a Alase laser that was used to mark our production parts and replacing it with a Telesis pin stamp. (when the laser goes kaput it costs big $$$) The string construction is a little different and it needs to be incorporated with as little downtime as possible. As usual I expect them to be asking me if I am done yet by the time I open the main panel.