L84ES to L84ES P/C Tag issue

kslow64

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have not used Logix beyond V24 for a few years (production environment) until recently.

I have 3x L84ES in a new project. We are sending Safety I/O between each of the PLCs. We are currently using v33.12

This is a project in process and we are bringing in logic from another piece of equipment that is very similar.

The error I have is on Connection tab for the the Ethernet module is:
(Code 16#0117) Connection Request Error: Invalid connection point.
Symbol: ProdCarrierData

Not sure what "Symbol" is referring to in this error message.

I looked for the tag ProdCarrierData with no success in any of the PLCs. Does anybody have a suggestion?

Ethernet Symbol Fault.JPG

Symbol = Tag name.

Make sure the exact tag exists (name, type). Make sure it is defined as controller scope. Since it is safety, make sure the class is Safety, not Standard.

Edit: It is likely complaining because you have a consumer defined, pointing to a tag named "ProdCarrierData". This tag needs to exist in the producer PLC.