ladder scan question

cking2729

I have a 10ms periodic task (in ladder logic) set up in my Logix controller (v28.)

One of my routines is to MOV the decimal number "2" into a DINT tag when a motor isn't being told to run. When a start button is pressed and the motors aren't running, I need to MOV a "0" and then an "11" into the same DINT tag.
I have the logic set up to achieve the MOV's, but unfortunately the "2" is always being written and seems to always take precedence unless I AFI out the MOV "2" rungs entirely.

I am wondering what I can do or what features Studio 5000 might have to help me accomplish getting the 0 and 11 to take precedence when true. My routine to MOV the 0 and 11 comes first in the program schedule.

Thanks for the help!

It sounds like you may have logic that states if motor is not running MOV a 2.
Try adding in about the start button not being pushed as well.
This should disable the rung and allow your other numbers.
As Opera pointed out, a screenshot would be helpful.

Can you post a screenshot of your logic? Is all of this logic occurring in the same Task/Program/Routine?

OG

I will try to get a screenshot ASAP. But the MOV 2 logic is in the same task, but a different program & routine than the MOV 0 and MOV 11. Does it need to be in the same program or routine?

I think the problem is because there are only 2 states (not running and running) and the OP needs to do something when the system goes from the first state to the second one.

I'd add a third state: stopped, starting and running. This way it's possible to write the correct value in any case.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but just off the cuff, I would suggest that you use a one-shot (OSR) instruction just before each of your MOV's. That way, you don't have logic constantly writing to your status variable, but only writing when a condition changes.