Learning Rslogix 5000

Martindag

Hi guys,

For few years now im working and using Rslogix500 which i mostly learned from Logixpro simulator

But now i want to take a higher step and start to learn Rslogix 5000
If you had to learn it again, what would you buy ? or read ? or go ? to learn it the way you want?

I could put a small budget on it if you recommend me to buy some stuff, but i dont have that much time to go back to school for it. all i got is few hours everynight.

Thanks for your advice!

Also i would like to learn more about RSview in extra later or at the sametime.

Hey I am in a similar boat with similar PLC experience (RS500) and similar plans (to learn RS2K). I recently posted a similar question.

I've come across two software packages. Both packages are RS5k Emulators/Simulators. The first one is PLCLogixs. It retails for $300 USD but you can have a 15 day trial prior to purchase.

https://www.plclogix.com/plclogix.php

The other is CLXTrainer. It is $200 USD but they do not offer a trial period.

http://www.koldwater.com/clx.html

Both look like professional software packages. When I get a chance (I am taking a couple of classes...I've forgotten how much time homework takes up) I will contact the second company and see if I can convince them to give me a free trial. When I manage this I will post my evaluation on this site.

Meanwhile if you go down this route feel free to do likewise.

Glen

That's alot more than Rslogix 500 simulator would cost but... both sims look very interesting and useful, i guess im going to try the trial of the 1st one and see how it is, maybe i can find a way with my job to buy it or pay 50% and keep it when im done.

Thanks for your link, very useful !

I saw your previous post, yeah i guess you looking exactly the same than me !

So, have you tried yet the trial of plc logix ? if yes did you like it and find it useful?

Also i was wondering if buying the PLC CBT extra is worth it...