Learning Step 7 #2

asterof

I am somewhat confused on the concept of a network
Can you only have one coil or output per network ?
Do you think of net works as mini routines
How many networks can you have in the OB1

Thanks

PS I do have a lot of money wrapped up in Manuals
that I had printed and they do help, but some of these
questions are better answered by end users.

You can have one or more than one output in one network in Step 7.

What I do most times is to write the logic of only one output in one network.

Occasionally a write more than one output in a network if every output makes use of the common part of the logic that controls them.

You can have multiple output in one network as long as the logic in that network controls all the output that you declare (in an OR logic format).

In OB1, you can have as many networks as you want (though I think it is in maximum of 99 networks) as long as it is part of your program. and the block that you want to call is also part of the process (or program) the plc will run.

I would decribe a network as being similar to a paragraph in english

If you want to, you can decribe something using one long paragrah made up of sentences. When you read the paragraph it can be difficult to comprehend because the information is presented as a large block with no pauses, expect for commas and full stops of course. This paragraph also contains some padding just to make it look longer than it needs to. This paragraph also contains some padding just to make it look longer than it needs to. This paragraph also contains some padding just to make it look longer than it needs to. This paragraph also contains some padding just to make it look longer than it needs to. This paragraph also contains some padding just to make it look longer than it needs to.

Alternatively, you can decribe something using short paragrahs.

The same informatiom is contained, but is spread out more.

I find this easier to digest.

As to the limit to the number of networks I don't recall seeing it written anywhere so try it and see reveals the following:

mw.jpg