Leeson VFD TX RX communication

mapizarro

I have a line with 5 conveyors that uses Leeson AC drives running in Local mode.
I would like to take advantage of the serial TX RX communication port available in these drives and conect all drives using a master/slave configuration and be able to control them via an unexpensive HMI. Have anyone used this communication prts with either Leeson or ACTech drives that can point me in the right direction?.

First of all check that one of your drives have "Master" capability. I.e can initiate the requests. I have assumed you are talking about a serial Modbus connection?
If not, your HMI will need to act as the master. I can't remember the brand (I have a brochure of one at work), but there are a number of HMI's that have inbuilt PLC's with optional communication modules that will work for you.