Limiting DC Motor In-Rush

Angry Robot

I have two 24VDC motors that draw a little under 10A nominal, but the in-rush is over 20A. They are driven with a 20A power supply but on initial start up I can watch the status light on the power supply flicker. A PLC is driving an enable relay for the motors.

Any ideas on how to soft start a set up like this? I've thought about using a capacitor, but I wonder if there are better solutions?

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm looking at an application with a Powerflex 755 with encoder feedback, being run as a standard VSD (as opposed to a motion axis), with...
Replies
Views
Has someone tried MC_TorqueLimiting along with MC_GearIn , on a Siemens S120 axis , controlled by an S7-1500T plc ? If we limit the torque ...
Replies
Views
We have tasked with developing a crowd/backing gate for a dairy where cows need to be gently pushed from waiting area into the milking parlor...
Replies
Views
I have an application that requires control of the pressure in a pumped line but with flow rate limiting. The pump is inverter-controlled and the...
Replies
Views
Does any body have experience in gas air ratio control for a combustion system? I have seen a few descriptions of ratio control with cross...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom