Line voltage protection to PLC

Handasee

We have received a PLC controlled machine that is fed by an auto-transformer, 600V primary/480V secondary. The control transformer (480V to 120V) feeds the PLC.
I would like to change the auto-transformer to an isolation but the customer has refused. My question is "What is the best way to protect the PLC?" At this point I am thinking of changing the control transformer to a "Sola Constant Voltage Transformer CVS series", or adding a "Control Concepts Islatrol active tracking filter IC+107" after the control transformer. I would appreciate any help from someone who has had the same problem.

Similar Topics

There're some tiny bulb for Running status on AB MCC panel. What is the exact voltage? I measured it is 9.2VAC. What is specification so that I...
Replies
Views
Curious about something: Say you have a VFD that is designed for a line voltage of 200-240AC, 3PH. At 240V, the DC bus voltage will obviously be...
Replies
Views
I've got a machine tool that runs a servo, along with a variable speed drill. The servo input card is being damaged when the VFD fires up from...
Replies
Views
Here's some interesting pic's and video clip of a High Voltage Power Line 500 kV Circuit Switcher being tested...
Replies
Views
We are facing intermittent issue with emergency stop and line stop. Line stop triggering with alarm of line stop push button activated at one...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom