List of inputs my AB plc is getting from other AB plcs

abdouzita103

Good morning guys;
Im new at AB plc, and i just need help about a table or a list called something like "exchange data table" in French it is called "table d'echange" .
So I'm wondering if i could find all inputs my Automat is getting through communication with other allen bradley plcs.
Just to clarify im not looking for hardware inputs or calculated inputs.
Thank you in advance

If they are pushed into your PLC from an AB MSG instruction, I don't know of a way to list those.
Using wireshark on the ethernet traffic would be revealing.

Allen-Bradley has been making PLC controllers since the late 1970's of various models and capabilities. Can you describe the CPU part number or type that you are using ?

You call your controller an "Automat"; is that a generic term you are using, or the maker of the system you are examining ? Or do you have an old Reliance Electric "AutoMate" controller ?

Modern ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers often exchange fast cyclic data with other controllers using a mechanism called "produced/consumed tags".

In your controller, you can filter the tag database for "Consumed" type tags that will be receiving data from other controllers. Those controllers will also be listed in the I/O tree, and you'll be able to see the status of the connections using the embedded Web interface.

But controllers can also send and receive data with unscheduled connections sent by a MESSAGE instruction in another controller. Those are difficult to track down; often you need to use a protocol analyzer or sleuth them out from the embedded web page's list of incoming connections.

Firstly thank you sir for taking a time to answer my question,
As you know im new at plc, and forgive my English, because it is not my mother tongue.
For the word"automat" it is French word.
My controller reference is Rslogix 5555.
Old version that run on windows Xp.
Where i work we have 3 AB that execute tasks separately, but they also exchange some parameters from each other continuously.
What i wanted to reach, is the data sent to or received from other plcs (i consider them inputs from other plcs).
Is there a way sir, so i can read that list of data, in one of the three AB plcs.
I must mention they are communicating through a server