Live Video on Scada

lalion

Hi, Im looking at putting a live video display from a camera within a scada program, specifically CitectScada (because I am familiar with this software) but I still have my options open. Has anyone else tried this with success, how easy is it?

Thanks for any advise,
Leon

Hi Leon

I have done this with a Winnov video capture card.
They use activeX and its all done in CiCode.
You can display real time video and also do frame
captures to disk. Winnov were quite helpful.
I have had no problems using this activeX with
Citect.

This only applies to normal video cameras, not
IP cameras.

Barry

There are ActiveX controls that you can use to get good video streams over Citect from an IP source. You would need to talk to the camera vendor for details.

Be sure to consider the standard (MJPEG, MPEG4, etc) and authentication scheme that the webcam uses. If your ActiveX control loads the vendors applet then you should be fine. Otherwise, you'll need to verify compatibility between the device and the supporting plugin. The easiest approach is often to work backward - find the most suitable webcam supported by the software you're running.

Also, what are your requirements? How many clients will be watching simultaneously? Do they need to be able to control the pan/zoom? What about recording (usually the webcam comes with a separate application for this)?

In any event, let us know how it goes.

Last edited: