Load cell help

sharkyh2o

New to anilog signals. Using a 5-10vdc analog load cell not to exceed 15vdc straight to the input card on a micrologic 1400 processor and not getting the results i desire. At 10vdc each pound = 1. At 5vdc every 2 pounds = 1. At 15vdc each pound = 1.5, but i do not want to push the voltage limit. What would you recommend to be able to take the signal and be able to come within say .2 pounds

I am assuming that you mean you are using a load cell with 5-15VDC excitation. The load cell should then have a mV/V rating. If the mV/V rating is for example 2mV/V, then if you supply an excitation voltage of 10V, then the load cell will put out 20mV at max load. Unless you are using some kind of special input on the 1400, then you should be connecting the load cell to a signal conditioner that will amplify the load cell signal to something useful(0-10VDC for example).

sharkyh2o,

FROM YOUR earlier post.
"New to anilog signals. Using a 5-10vdc analog load cell not to exceed 15vdc straight to the input card on a micrologic 1400 processor and not getting the results i desire. At 10vdc each pound = 1. At 5vdc every 2 pounds = 1. At 15vdc each pound = 1.5, but i do not want to push the voltage limit. What would you recommend to be able to take the signal and be able to come within say .2 pounds"

please stay with the original posting. we will be more than glad to help.

regards,
james