Logix 5000 and Wonderware 9.5

dbh6

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good evening all,

I thought this would work but apparently it isn't. Their is an existing control logix PLC program that is running. Their is also an existing Wonderware 9.5 application that gets data from the control logix PLC and is currently running. They are communicating over ethernet. I am adding code to the PLC program and adding screens to the HMI application. My tags associated with the code are Program scoped tags. So say for example i created a Program scoped tag called XV510_FTO, then to reference this in Wonderware you would go to your tag database enter a variable to your tag name in wonderware, pick the data type, access names and in the Item name field put the PLC tag that is in the PLC, in this case being XV510_FTO. However that doesn't seem to be working when i run the HMI application because i toggled the bit in the PLC but i see no changes to it on the HMI. Keep in mind that the tag in the PLC for XV510_FTO is a program scoped tag. I figured that since it is a programed scoped tag that might be the issue, so i created a Controller Scoped tag to see if that will work and yes it did.

So my question arises can i reference program scoped tags in wonder wares item name? I thought maybe in the item name you need to first reference the program name then the tag in that program. For example in the PLC if the Program name was called Tank_Control and the tag in that program was XV510_FTO, then the item name in wonderware could be Tank_Control.XV510_FTO??? i actually tried that and still that did not work, maybe my syntax is wrong??

So if anyone has that working please let me know otherwise im going to move all my program scoped tags and make them controller scoped tags not that its a issue, but it will be good to know if it can be done.

Not sure if this will work the same in Wonderware, but AdvancedHMI sends "PROGRAM:programname" directly to the ControlLogix and it works, so try formatting like this:

PROGRAM:Tank_Control.XV510_FTO

I don't have that I/O Server on this computer, but you should be able to look at the help file for the I/O server and find the section regarding item names. For a GEHCS Server, the correct format would be ProgramName^ItemName.

Guys i have attached the manual, if in case anyone needs it in the near future the description. Page 224 has it all

ahhh sorry guys the file is to big, but you can look at the DASABCIP manual on the wonderware website to get the pdf, i have outlined the correct syntax below for control logix based PLC's:

logix 5000 : Program:<Program_Name>.<Tag_Name>

Archie you were close