RSlogix 5000 version 21 and Wonderware

Gcolbert

Just upgraded to v21 with the descriptions and rung comments being saved in the processor. However when I change the description in the PLC program it loses the connection with Wonderware Archestra tag and I have to redeploy the wonderware application to get the connection back. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Through what object do you connect to the PLC Suitelink? DIObject?

If it is the suitelink there is a reconnect attribute that you need to set.

You can use the .Reconnect atttribute in the DI Object. Check the connection status in a script on the DIObject and then reconnect.

me.ConnectionStatus <> "Connected"

I normally run it every 10s while this is true

me.Reconnect = TRUE;

Some more info in this LINK

Hope this helps