Logix 5000 PIDE Autotune set point

soccerdad

I am trying to autotune a PIDE temperature control loop using the built in autotune software in Logix 5000. I have the required license and have configured it the best I can and it does start the autotune. The heater comes on a couple of times for a few seconds each time, then after a minute or two, the tuning finishes. It gives me a warning that the observed PV change was too small. I am starting from room temp and trying to heat to 150F. It only increases about .1 degree before it ends. I was expecting it to try to increase the temperture to a set point, but don't see where to tell it what this set point is. When in "auto" mode, it uses the set point, but it has to be in manual mode to tune. Can you tell it what temperture you want it to tune to?

Thanks

see if this thread will help ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=492660&postcount=1

basically you don't want to start from "room temperature" ...

let it settle down at some reasonable "steady state" temperature ... IMPORTANT! ... it needs to be STABLE before you start ...

basic idea: it knows the starting point - then it "bumps" the output up a little bit - it watches the response (how far - how fast - etc.) - and it calculates some suggested tuning settings from its analysis of the data it collects ...

Last edited: