Logix 5k program version information

bhedding024

I have a client with a program he's trying to load into an older FlexLogix controller (1794-L34/B). He has the program, but I'm thinking the lateest possible version that will open it might be V16? I've checked the Rockwell Compatability Center, but seem to have some discrepancy between reality and practicality. Is there a way to check the version of the program without having the license key for older versions? It would cost me about$2k to get a license to go back that far prior to V20. Any advice or work-arounds? Thank you!

I believe if you open a .ACD file using a text editor (eg Notepad), at the beginning you can see some version history that will include the revision #

Last edited:
There are two levels:

1) Studio5k Version of the source code
If you open your current ACD file in Studio5k, does it give you a warning message about what it converts from-to?
To get the sourcecode version you can also open the .acd in notepad.​
2) Maximum firmware version the PLC supports
I tried going to rockwell's website and download the latest firmware, turns out you have to do this request an "Unlock" in order to proceed. Maybe you can try using controlflash plus to see if the flexlogix controller can be upgraded via the software, and not through PCDC?

In the end, your software version needs to match the hardware version, and it has to be something that can be installed on a modern PC. Best of luck!

Untitled 5.jpg