Logix5000 tags importing to FactoryTalk Studio 5.1

tmechanic

Lifetime Supporting Member
I tried the trick of offline browsing by setting up a SerialDF1 connection, but I'm using Eth/IP for communications and the tags aren't working once I download the project to the Panelview 1250 plus.
Any suggestions?

An RSLinx Enterprise shortcut points to two different paths: one of them for Development and the other for Runtime.

Switch to the Runtime tab and check the Driver and path to the controller that you have configured there. That's the driver and path that the PanelView Plust terminal itself will use.

Post details; a screenshot would be ideal.

DINT as ASCII in PanelviewPlus 1250

Trying to read a DINT that's set up as ascii from a ControlLogix L72S to a Panelview Plus 1250, I either get the ASCII number i.e. 8080245670 or **** or ?????? . Any ideas? I'm using Factory Talk 5.1. I tried to load a screen shot from photobucket, but I kept getting a broken link.