Looking for AB PLC2 programming software

jdan

Hi all,

Just wondering whether anybody knows of any Windows 9x/2k software that I can use to program my recently purchased Allen Bradley PLC2/20 (LP1)??

Note: The software *must* have online programming functionality.

Thanks in advance

I've been using an application called PLC Communicator for the past few months now. If you like, you can download a demo version from the following website:

http://www.austglobal.com/plcc.html

You can also buy PLC/PC communications cables from the website at a very affordable price.

...recently purchased ?

The only A-B software still supported is the "ICOM" AI-2 software, and it's a DOS program through and through. Some folks have success running it on Windows machines, but I keep a DOS boot partition for those dark days I need to work on PLC-2's.

The guys who built PLC Communicator are to be commended and encouraged for finding a niche to improve a product that still runs worldwide but can't generate any more revenue for it's maker a decade after it's obsolescence.

You may be asking for the impossible

Just wondering whether anybody knows of any Windows 9x/2k software that I can use to program my recently purchased Allen Bradley PLC2/20 (LP1)??

Note: The software *must* have online programming functionality.
To the best of my recollection, the LP1 (and LP2) processors do not support on-line editing. The LP3 (PLC2/30) added that feature, and then it was only one element at a time.

I hope you didn't pay too much...