Looking for input on Classroom Idea

marksji said:

Part 1) The prof grades the work, keeps it seperate from the work, then turns it over to a student who grades the work (without ever seeing the prof's grade) and writes a justification as to why.

Part 2) The prof grades the grader (yes, another grade) and adjusts his original grade for the work (ONLY IF HE THIKS HE SHOULD).

Part 3) The prof turns over the original work, the original grade he gave it, the grade given by the student (along with the justification), and his final grade to the original student to review.

Exactly what I had in mind, Marksji. I just didn't find the right words then. Your nikcname reminds me of my close friend Mark who used to study in SJI (St. Joseph Institution) lolis
Anyway, Happy Lunar New Year 2005 to all Chinese and those who likes to celebrate, the year of the Rooster.

regards
Sherine T.

RESTROOM

Casey,

WOW a learning experience -- that can thing on the toilet actually lets water into the toilet. YOu push this button (some have levers) to make the water run.

FURTHER LEARNING I don't understand why the toilet does not overflow.

Dan Bentler

Mixing Threads?

C'mon Dan, you're mixing threads on me and now I have to rely on a failing memory. The only thing I could fogure out was the can thing must have a 9 voly battery in it with a weak spring actuator and a IR sensor. I am fairly sure the wall mount eyes are 110 volt, but again, I have seen some in faucets at rest areas that don't have wires. I never figured out if the automatic toilets were to save on water, or to make sure that every one "pushed" the button when they left the stall.

My toilet doesn't overflow do to the flapper valve. As the water gets to the rim, the flow slows down, which allows or causes the flapper valve to fall back closed. Other valves are different, and many do flood.

regards.....casey

I never figured out if the automatic toilets were to save on water, or to make sure that every one "pushed" the button when they left the stall.

What do they detect? Could be in a lot of trouble here.

Thank You Everybody!

Thanks everyone for your ideas, comments, everything! Here's what I'm planning to do. I'm planning on still having everyting go as before except for the grading. I the teacher have and reserve the right to override any grade and will be looking at them before the grade is given to the original student that wrote the documentation. I will be grading the student that wrote the project on the code itself as to how it works, thinks and runs. As far as the other groups that grade the originals work, they will not be grading it like before but instead on clarity as well as logical order and grouping instead of the content itself, this will still be just as difficult for the people grading it; but the chances are more likely that if it is not written clearly or logically it doesn't matter who reads it, even if they are a pro at code they probably will not understand. Thanks again very much for all your input.