Looking for user's input on IGNITION

Following on to my previous post regarding an HMI recommendation---Could those of you that are familiar with Ignition provide your thoughts and/or gripes about the product?

I do not excel in scripting. Would this handicap me using Ignition?

If you have to get data in or out of a database, nothing on the market compares with Ignition.

You do not need to know scripting, but a knowledge of SQL is advantageous in using Ignition.

Ignition can be installed and ready to run in less than 10 minutes. Compare that with FTSE, where an install can be a weekend.

There is no development software required with Ignition as the designer is built in using a web interface. Again compare that with FTSE, where FT Studio is a separate purchase.

Adding additional clients is as simple as providing a device that has a web browser, java and can ping the Ignition gateway.

Also scroll to bottom of page 1 on this forum for thread:
subscribed.gif
Considerations for migrating to Ignition SCADA