Looking for Low cost scada IDE software...

briana banks

Hi All

I'm looking for a low cost ( < 800 US$ per runtime license) scada development tool.relatively fast and easy to learn & develop.
it doesnt has to support distributed systems but it has to
support easy implementation of CFR part 11 rules such as security
levels and audit trail.

thanks

Lookout Direct

I am currently using Intouch v6 with a AB SLC500 through an AB1784KT card. If I start over with a new computer with a AB1784KTx PCI card will it be compatible with the Lookout direct?

I like IWS. May be it suits for you too.
Development Environment has 40 hours trial time, so you can buy only Run-Time licence at first time.

Look to also at simatic.net.ru, there are a lot useful things.

Last edited:
Beijers have a nice little one called CEZAR, upto 2048 tags easy to use all the protocols you need & the Dev costs around £1,000 database handling is good & the script is easy & security is good.

Do they have AB compact logix driver in lookout package so i wont have to purchase opc server

Last edited:
supporter said:
Hi,

CEZAR has a driver called ControlLogix Ethernet, it works fine for CompactLogix as well. You can download a demo-version of CEZAR from Beijer's website:
http://hmi.beijerelectronics.com/web/web_electronics.nsf/AllDocuments/B8FC7BB3861145A4C1256F6B005AAF91

It's possible to buy either a 512 tag license or a 2048 tag license (the 512 tag license is of course cheaper).

Let us know if you need any help with CEZAR!

//Supporter

I haven't used CEZAR yet but already used EXTER with "information designer".I have encountered a major security problem.
Compliance with CFR part 11 is crutial.

regards.