Looking for opinions: Ultrasonic tank fluid level sensors

I agree they all have their problems, It's just out of the 100's that I have installed I have had better luck with "submersible pressure transmitters". I think in ever application you need to know conditions your environment will/might be, and that has to be considered when it comes time to purchase your sensor.

Good Luck

Pulsed Radar also works really well. We have had good success with the VEGA VEGAPULS line. They aren't cheap, but they are bullet proof. Using the available configuration software, you can tune those babies to handle just about anything, multiple layers of material (oil/water), foam,sludge, in tank obstructions (dip tubes, agitators), etc. They can even shoot through the closed top of plastic IBC totes.

Again, all your input is appreciated. I'm not locked into Ultrasonics, and really want a sensor that will put up with the abuse of 5+ years in the oil fields. I've also been looking at Pressure transducers since I read some comments here.