Looking for simple RS5000 logic for 3 axis servo

dsking

I'm lookin for help with a simple 3 axis or even 2 axis servo logic(control logix) for making 4, 3" holes one at each corner and then a 2" x 2" square at the centre of 9" x 11" sheet. Thanks for all your input in advance.

You're asking us to do alot of assuming here bit...

It sounds like you have an X-Y gantry system above a conveyor that brings blanks into the station. You have a ControlLogix processor (which one??) with a motion card (which one??) and a couple motors and drives (which ones??). On the business end of the gantry you have a machine tool of some type that will both drill holes and scribe lines, presumably with a common tool since you didn't mention tool change.

How am I doing so far??

Keith

You're asking us to do alot of assuming here bit...

It sounds like you have an X-Y gantry system above a conveyor that brings blanks into the station. You have a ControlLogix processor (which one??) with a motion card (which one??) and a couple motors and drives (which ones??). On the business end of the gantry you have a machine tool of some type that will both drill holes and scribe lines, presumably with a common tool since you didn't mention tool change.

How am I doing so far??

Keith

Thanks a lot kamenges. It is an X-Y gantry system with a conveyor below that brings in blanks and transports the products after the holes have been drilled on them. Well this is a softlogix project for now,ll use a 1756-L61 controller when i have it figured out.
I'll be using a common tool for the entire job.

Is the square in the middle orthogonal to the blank edges or can you specify different orientations? Do you need to search for the blank and it's orientation before you start or is the blank oriented already as it enters the station> Is the square a cut-out or just a scribe?

Keith

The square in the middle is indeed orthogonal. I would like to search for the blank before i start drilling. The square is a complete cut-out.
Thanks once again.