Looking for standalone cheap ETH IP I/O module

I've used two of the the Click Plus as i/o from a Compactligix and it is great.

One of them is doing Modbus RTU control of two Yaskawa GA800 VFDs and passing control and status info back and forth over the EIP link.

We did that during a time when the EIP module from Yaskawa was not readily available. We also needed a couple of analog inputs from that panel and the Click handles all that.

the click plus is going to be your best option unless, you want to add the modbus server/client AOI in your plc, then you have some 90$ options and below. but if you are going to add the AOI you can just get the normal click as a client.

Going with a Click for Remote IO has been my plan for a new "Budget" machine product I have been conceiving. Thanks, Ken, for the video. I didn't know they were officially condoning/supporting using it as remote IO. That makes us feel even better about it.

The Click is great for cheap Ethernet/IP remote I/O. I've used it quite a few times for that. The only downside is it's a pain to do a proper comms check to ensure the outputs turn off if the connection to the master PLC fails. There is no built-in method to do that and you have to forgo the easy mapping shown in the video to accomplish it.