Loop with timer

haakonamu

Hi!

I'm going first year on a school for automation. I have a program that i want to loop, and I have managed to build it. The only problem i issue is that the timer that starts the whole process again is active from the moment the plc get power.

Hope you understand and have some tips for me, here are the pictures of my program:

19WR2.png

vLt4m.png

you have done well so far
welcome to the site and thankyou very much for making an attempt first
I wont go in to too much detail for now
BUT look at how you are starting timer TIM003
maybe it needs to have a different start command

I have a program that i want to loop, and I have managed to build it.
For programs using timers that need to "loop", make the loop timer self-resetting by putting a XIC instruction in series witht the other trigger inputs for that timer. When timer goes DONE, the XIC contact will open for one PLC scan, resetting the timer and restarting the loop.

If there are a series of timers, then make the reset XIC a contact from the LAST timer in the series.

sorry Lancie1
hes using OMRON and new to it
XIC/XIO are Allen Bradley contact descriptions
XIC = Examine if Closed or Normally Closed Contact
XIO = Examine if Open or Normally Open Contact

Oh! Sorry, it looked so familar. I forgot to check the name! The method is still the same, except CX Programmer does not have the Done bit, only a single timer bit that performs the same function.

Last edited:
XIC/XIO are Allen Bradley contact descriptions
XIC = Examine if Closed or Normally Closed Contact
XIO = Examine if Open or Normally Open Contact

XIC = Examine If Closed is typically misquoted as "Normally Open"
XIO = Examine If Open is typically misquoted as "Normally Closed"

Thanks Daba. I couldn't check what I said.

BLDY. AB. I still don't know they started this X. Stuff.

Last edited: