Loosing my sanity - TIA & SM 1232 AQ4

MrQ

Hi,

I have spent half my day with fever trying to figure out the SM 1232 AQ4 in TIA Portal.o_Oo_O

I have configured the output chanel0(QW144) to voltage. I have downloaded hw config and restarted PLC.

I try changing the output value 0-27648

If I only have a multimeter connected it reads 0V no matter what.

If I have the 0-10V input of my valve amplifier connected and my multimeter in paralell it reads 0-4V. This is where I would like to see 0-10V.

All led are green. No error in diagnostics. What am I missing??o_O

It's configured for voltage output +/-0-10V. Not much more to set than short circuit diagnostics or am I missing something?

Have you provided the module with 24V supply on the terminals L+ and M ?

edit: Investigate the diagnostics. If supply voltage is low there should be a diagnostic entry.

Have spent 1/2 days myself getting very frustrated, I was often even more frustrated when I realised it was me doing stuff wrong :) . So just in case :)

You say you connect your multimeter, can you confirm where you are connecting it. Just trying to check that you are using a common reference, the analogue 0V on the PLC is floating unless you tie it down.

I have in the past tried measuring a DC voltage with the multimeter set to AC, or the leads in the current instead of voltage connections.

I found that one of my multimeter leads had a bad connection, it was high resistance, so voltages were wrong.

I have had the S7-1200 start doing weird things after many online updates, I could see the right value on the screen, but what was coming out was wrong. I did try screaming at the PLC that the value was right, but it didn't take any notice. Eventually I did a Factory Reset, reloaded, and everything suddenly worked.

Have you provided the module with 24V supply on the terminals L+ and M ?

edit: Investigate the diagnostics. If supply voltage is low there should be a diagnostic entry.

I measured 24.2 Volts between L+ and M. No diagnostic entry.

Show us the electrical schematic of how it is wired.

It is really done by the book. However only the first chanel is used.

image.aspx

https://support.industry.siemens.co...1435&imageName=46372573451.PNG&Language=en-US

Have spent 1/2 days myself getting very frustrated, I was often even more frustrated when I realised it was me doing stuff wrong :) . So just in case :)

You say you connect your multimeter, can you confirm where you are connecting it. Just trying to check that you are using a common reference, the analogue 0V on the PLC is floating unless you tie it down.

I have in the past tried measuring a DC voltage with the multimeter set to AC, or the leads in the current instead of voltage connections.

I found that one of my multimeter leads had a bad connection, it was high resistance, so voltages were wrong.

I have had the S7-1200 start doing weird things after many online updates, I could see the right value on the screen, but what was coming out was wrong. I did try screaming at the PLC that the value was right, but it didn't take any notice. Eventually I did a Factory Reset, reloaded, and everything suddenly worked.

I am very thankful for your response. I have a bad cold and stayed at home in bed today. Yesterday my brain was a little fied.

However:

I connect on the AO terminals 0 and 0m. I disconnect them from my circuit and then I suppose i should really be able to measure 0-10V without interference.

I have tried two multimeters and with both I can measure the 24V suply.

I am sure I am measuring DC with both and I can measure the 24V suply.

I was to tired yesterday to scream and bang but I'll try taht and a complete Factory reset.

One thought. :unsure:

The AO was originally configured as Current 4-20mA.

I changed config to 0-10V and havre downloaded the HW config to the PLC. Can it somehow still be configured as a Current 4-20mA???????????

When I have nothing connected to the AO i can read no Voltage with my Multimeter. When i connect my device with an AI I can read up to 4V in paralell.

One thought. :unsure:

The AO was originally configured as Current 4-20mA.

I changed config to 0-10V and havre downloaded the HW config to the PLC. Can it somehow still be configured as a Current 4-20mA???????????

if this were the case and you pushed 27XXX to it and its functional, you would still read a voltage in my experience, but not what voltage you expected.