Lost DF1 Driver In System Comms On RSLogix 500

sharkyh2o

I no longer have an option to select df1 path and was wondering if anyone has ran across this. I can configure in RSLinx Classic and see the PLC in RSWho. I am running windows 7 on my pc and version 10.00.00 for logix

System_Comms.jpg

Everything seems fine in Linx. I can delete add auto config, just no path in rs logix. First time it happened was a new 1400 plc that had no ip address so i wanted to use df1. Auto config in linx, opened the .rss file and did not have a path. Went to controller properties, Controller Communications tab, then i had a path to df1, clicked on who active, saved the program, then path was open under systems comm. Next upgrade i could not restore it with these steps? Never had to do this before and not sure why it is happening. Just tried these steps and it worked at this time. Really confused.

Driver is available after i change the programs path? I do not believe that i have ever had to do this before.

rswho.jpg Driver.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering, I have to log on to a different domain to have admin rights to my PC per IT rules instead of my company domain if that has changed the path and caused my problem?

Domain.jpg