Lost S7 project file

doyletuttle

Hi, I have a S7300 that the project file was lost on. I rebuilt the hardware profile and uploaded all blocks from the plc to my pg, but is there any way to get the symbols back? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Only if they are stored in the CPU or maybe an old backup will have most of them that can be exported then imported or use the old backup and overwrite the logic from the CPU. Another place to look is on a printing of the logic.
Else use it as a training tool for an apprentice and have them document the system beginning with the I/O.

That is how I've learned a lot when I was still learning.

Key point here, the apprentice needs to be willing to learn.

Maybe there is an older program backup with symbols and comments.
Even if it is not 100% uptodate, you can use it as a basis for updating the program including symbols and comments. You can do a compare of the blocks of the two projects, and if there are not too many differences it will be not so hard to just copy the differences from the online project to the older offline project.

Remember to set in Blocks Properties Address priority to: "Absolute value has priority" if you take symbol list from old backup.
If the DBs have not changed, meaning adresses in the middle of the DB have not been added or deleted, then it does not matter what address priority is selected.

If on the other hand, adresses have been added or deleted in the middle of DBs, then it will take a bit of detective work to figure out what has happened.
When it is clear what the changes are, then set address priority to symbolic, replicate the DB changes in the older offline project, and finish with a consistency check of the whole project. After this you can set the address priority freely to what you prefer. And only then should you copy the code differences from the online CPU to the older offline project.