M340 ModbusTCP addressing

Chikus

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been working on a project involving a Schneider M340 PAC attached via ethernet to a Red Lion G310 and was having difficulties figuring out the addressing of the Red Lion tags. After a couple days of trying to search for a solution on the web, I e-mailed Schneider. I noticed this subject had been covered in these forums once or twice before, but there was never a complete solution. Here is my message and their reply:

Using Modbus TCP/IP, The Red Lion HMI uses the addressing format 4x, 3x, 1x, 0x while the M340 is using IEC61131 addressing. I have found that %MWx=4x+1 and %Mx=0x+1 for internal logic, but I have not been able to find how to address the I/O, i.e. %Q0.5.3 or %IW0.6.1 without using internals in the logic and then mapping them to the I/O. Is there a way to directly address the I/O in my Red Lion HMI? Thanks!
==========================================================
Generally when using the M340 and communicating with a ModbusTCP Master, it becomes necessary to locate the information to memory words within the M340. For example %MW0:=%IW0.1.0 would place the input into %MW0 and that could be read over ModbusTCP from a Master device. You could do the same with %M0:=%Q0.4.0 for example. I realize that this is not what you want to do.

Now, it is possible for our Magelis HMI to attach to exported tags or the actual M340 project and access the information directly that way without programming the memory word relocations.

I do not know if the Red Lion is capable of this, you would need to speak to their technical support team. They would need to specifically have an M340 Driver and tag import utility.

Last edited:
Chikus,

Currently Red Lion doesn't have a driver specifically for the M340. It looks like your options at this time would be to submit a driver request through your distributor, or map the I/O through words in the M340.

Thanks
Jeremy

Chikus,

Currently Red Lion doesn't have a driver specifically for the M340. It looks like your options at this time would be to submit a driver request through your distributor, or map the I/O through words in the M340.

Thanks
Jeremy
Jeremy,
speaking of drivers, what do I need to do so you guys include a driver for an ACS motion controller in your next release?
It does speak Modbus as well as Ethernet/IP.
Any plans for the future as of now?

bkottaras,

If it speaks modbus you would probably be ok just using the standard modbus driver. If it does require a special driver uou will need to contact your distributor and have them submit a driver request for you.

Thanks
Jeremy

bkottaras,

If it speaks modbus you would probably be ok just using the standard modbus driver. If it does require a special driver uou will need to contact your distributor and have them submit a driver request for you.

Thanks
Jeremy
Thanks.

I'll probably get the panel later on this week.
Not sure when the ACS ships.
I bet it will be fun.

Hello

I trying to connect Monitoring software to a m340. I have successfully done this with With soft starts, Vsd and power meters. I want the monitor to monitor production hours. With all the other equipment it was easy read the manual from there I got the Modbus register list.

How do I do this: (From the first post)

Generally when using the M340 and communicating with a ModbusTCP Master, it becomes necessary to locate the information to memory words within the M340. For example %MW0:=%IW0.1.0 would place the input into %MW0 and that could be read over ModbusTCP from a Master device. You could do the same with %M0:=%Q0.4.0 for example. I realize that this is not what you want to do.