Machine Ethernet Cameras

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am looking for information on camera systems for monitoring machine lines.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I have done this in the past using home security systems (REOLINK) but am open to suggestions on if there are better systems. I usually buy say 3 Reolink systems that hold 8 cameras each and only install 4 or 6 on each one so I can monitor the process flow on 3 flat screens in the control room, the machine is 300 feet long and the operator
in the control room can see different areas he needs. I am not monitoring product quality that would need high speed cameras. Just watching different areas to see if things are lined up. The Reolink's did well enough in our last plant but you would have camera failures since they are not industrial rated
and could be in a 100 degree area. Thanks

What are you using for a monitor for these cameras? are they PoE and do they have a
control box for multiple cameras to one screen? Thanks

What are you using for a monitor for these cameras? are they PoE and do they have a
control box for multiple cameras to one screen? Thanks

Axis offers POE/POE+ models(most of our are POE).

For the line monitoring applications, We just use their Camera Station software to connect and monitor multiple cameras.

For the security applications, well we use a bunch of other stuff :)

Opticom makes a really nice line of cameras and video display. Cameras support PoE+ and come in zoom and non-zoom versions. They also make really rugged cameras.