Make A copy of FactoryTalk SE Network distributed

BeepBob

Hello,

I am trying to make a copy of a FactoryTalk SE Network Distributed application.

I want to make modification but do not want to work on the original project. I

can do it easily in Application Manager for Machine Edition. But it seems like I

can't just do the same for SE Network distributed app.

Can someone show me a way to made a copy of a SE Network distributed app?

Can I just make an archive, name it something else, then restore it?

Look under Rockwell Software --> FactoryTalk View --> Tools --> FactoryTalk View SE Application Manager

Stu....

I'm going from memory on this, but I believe they do not have a "copy" function for SE network applications like they do for ME applications. Instead you have to perform a backup and then do a restore. You give it a new name as part of the restore. Renaming the backup file won't do anything.

OG

I'm going from memory on this, but I believe they do not have a "copy" function for SE network applications like they do for ME applications. Instead you have to perform a backup and then do a restore. You give it a new name as part of the restore. Renaming the backup file won't do anything.

OG

Awesome, thank you OG, just as you described.